Aug 3, 2017

Product Review: Tiesta Tea, Immunity, Maui Mango



I make no claims one way or the other about the health benefits of this product.

Opening Scene: Sick, pathetic looking 18-year-old son, and mom in the kitchen

Son: Do we have tea?

Mom: Yeah, we always have tea.

Son: *irritated* Nooooo, not ice tea, hot tea.

Mom: Yeeeaaaahhhh, we always have both. You know this.

Son: *-.-* cough, cough, uuuuggghhhhhh, I don't feel good! *insert whiney sad face here while looking right at the tea and NOT seeing it*

Mom: *goes to cupboard* Here, we have Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Weight loss tea, Blueberry, Oh! I forgot I had this. I have some tea that says immunity on it. Same ones that make the weight loss one I like.

Son: -.-, *sniff* Earl Grey sounds good.

Mom: *still reading the Immunity tea package* This has pineapple in it.

Son: *perks up a tad* pineapple? ......... waaait, how does dried tea have pineapple in it?

Mom: .............Yeah, you're sick. The fruit is dried, not fresh. 

Son: *almost blushing* hush..... I don't feel good.

Mom: Go rest. I'll make it. (There might have been an eye roll involved on the parents part, but you know, I can't recall for sure. The ol' memory ain't what she used to be.*cough, cough*)

Son: *pathetic* Ooookaaaayyyy

*fast forward to mother and son sipping the hot immunity tea (still in kitchen because he can't follow directions.....sigh)*

Son: *looks up and attempts eye contact, carefully though, the effort might kill him* You can get this again.

Mom: Gasp! The horror! It's not Earl Grey and I didn't add sugar! Can I pass out! *grinning and giving a side eye*

Son: *genuinely impressed* No honey?

Mom: Nope

Son: Yeah, *cough, cough, cough* @#^&$! *cough, SNORT, HACK* Uuuuggghhhhhh!  soon.

Mom: *looong sigh* Watch your mouth, drink your tea, and go back to bed

Son: *attempts a genuine grin, giving side eye* I love you too mom.

Mom: *smiles and reaches up to his 6ft plus head to gently ruffle his hair* Turkeyhead

(The above is not an act. This is my life.)

So this tea has passed the pathetic sick teen boy test. It tasted good, it made his throat feel better, and he could drink it without adding sweeteners. It has this mom's seal of approval.

Now for the nitty gritty.

It isn't organic, but to be fair, not many readily available teas around here are. I didn't expect this one to be. It does have the  'All natural ingredients inside' stamp, take from it what you will. I do not have the stamina to attempt that hornet nest!

It is caffeine free. That is a blessing and a curse around here. David, the 18-year-old, likes caffeine first thing in the morning, it helps him with his ADHD. More importantly, it helps me when it helps his ADHD! (When your kid is called the poster child for something like that, your gray hair is a badge, rock it!)

Now for the ingredients, if I can't say it I don't want to eat it. If it takes longer to get through than a Stephen King novel, it ain't happenin'. (Unless I don't have the kids with me, then I will take all the time in the world to read that bad boy. I won't buy it, but I'll read it.) If it has both, no,....just no, ....not gonna happen. This is when the 'Oh hell no!' face appears, and I put it back like I'm handling poison. 

Ingredient list:(front)
pineapple pieces 
orange slices
mango bits
natural flavors
safflowers
strawberry fruit granules
white hibiscus
marigold petals

(back)
rooibos tea
fruit tea

Articles related to the health benefits of the ingredients:
(This list is by no means exhaustive, but hopefully, will help give an idea of the properties of the ingredients. Take from it what you will.) 

Fruit tea - Fruit Tea


31 Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31 (NASB)



No comments:

Post a Comment