|Every journey begins with a single step. - Confucious|
- Simple scripture/saint quote once a week on Sunday. I don't push it on anyone, but it's here for those of us who can use a reminder now and again. You will find splashes of my Christian southern roots here and there along with the Catholic faith I so love. Simply, I love Jesus, and I try to live as He would want. I fail, in fact I fail quite often, but I get up and keep trying again anyway. St. Therese of Lisieux's 'Little Way' (little things with great love) is how I try to live my life. (emphasis on try)
- Personal development, be it spiritual or practical will be things we talk about and share. Some of the topics I'm thinking about are personal finance, spiritual journaling, and household routines. If it helps us to grow in strength in any fashion it is on the table for discussion.
- Physical health will be a regular topic as well. In an effort to find me again I've gone back to the things that used to make me happy. Working out, hiking, swimming, and biking are all things I am finding again. (Albeit much more slowly.) I also want to be around to see and play with grandbabies.
- Clean eating recipes and nutrition will also be on the menu. (Ha! See what I did there?....yeaaah that was bad, moving on...) It won't be 100% healthy because I'm human and, well chocolate. Bacon, bacon is good too. That said, I don't eat those things as often as I did so they won't be prominent. I do promise I don't eat bland, dull food and I won't share a recipe that I don't love. (Unless it's hilariously bad and think others would enjoy seeing a 'fail'.)
- Kiddos, and all the wonderful things that come with them. We will be sharing home schooling tips, crafts, parenting ideas, or even just a tender moment here or there because they are my inspiration and joy in life. I love making them smile and if something works for my kiddos, who knows, it might work for others.
- Miscellaneous, sometimes there might be a topic that doesn't fit any other category, but it's worth sharing.
I'm just a girl with a blog, a family, a guinea pig and a dog, simply starting to live a simple life. I hope you join me.